Select the type of membership desired and complete the application. Once the application is submitted, it will be reviewed at the next Board of Governor's Meeting. You will be notified by letter of the Board's actions.
There are many benefits associated with a membership in DTCWV. Above all it provides "professional insurance" affording clients the knowledge that you stay informed and abreast of current rules and regulations in the legal profession.
To be eligible for election in this Association, and to continue to hold membership, a lawyer:
- Must be a member in good standing of the West Virginia State Bar
- Must be in private practice and engaged in the trial of cases (primarily for the defense) in the State of West Virginia
- Must have manifested a genuine interest in the purposes of this Association
- Must be sponsored by a DTCWV member
- Dues must be $100.00 for those admitted to the Bar less than 5 years
- Dues are $185.00 for those admitted to the Bar for more than 5 years
Attorney Membership Application
To be eligible for membership, a legal assistant (paralegal):
- Must be working full-time under the supervision of a lawyer-member engaged in the handling of cases, primarily for the defense, in the State of West Virginia
- Must be of good moral character and subscribe to the goals and objectives of the Association
- Will have rights and privileges except the right to vote or hold office in the Association
- Dues are $15.00.
Legal Assistant Membership Application