The Legal Assistant/paralegal members’ primary purposes and goals includes:
- Establishing and maintaining good fellowship among members and members of the legal community
- Promoting high standards of ethical and professional competence
- Furthering education among members of the profession
- Supporting the goals of the Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
To be eligible for membership, a legal assistant (paralegal):
- Must be working full-time under the supervision of a lawyer-member engaged in the handling of cases, primarily for the defense, in the State of West Virginia
- Must be of good moral character and subscribe to the goals and objectives of the Association
- Will have rights and privileges except the right to vote or hold office in the Association
- Dues are $15.00. After 10 years due are increase to $25 per year.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership in a professional legal organization;
- Networking opportunities with attorneys, judges, legal nurse consultants, and other legal assistants/paralegals
- Continuing education through seminars, workshops, and other educational offerings approved for CLAE credit
- Electronic Newsletter produced quarterly to provide members more insight into the activities of the organization, membership activities, CLE opportunities, firm updates, events, industry news and any other news of interest to our members
Expert Witness Search which allows DTCWV members to poll membership and the DRI expert database for cross-information on expert witnesses via e-mail.