The networking benefits of attending DTCWV functions cannot be taken lightly. It is the social aspect of belonging to DTCWV that can advance your career as much as obtaining MCLE credits. Building strong professional and personal relationships throughout the state is something you cannot apply a credit or dollar value to. DTCWV provides a venue for communication to other West Virginia defense attorneys , numerous CLE seminars, Substantive Groups, activities and many otherbenefits for the defense attorney and paralegal.
An electronic Newsletter is produced quarterly to provide members more insight into the activities of the organization, membership activities, CLE opportunities, firm updates, events, industry news and any other news of interest to our members.
Expert Witness Search
Our Expert Witness Search allows DTCWV members to poll membership and the DRI expert database for cross-information on expert witnesses via e-mail.
- Annual Meeting Program with CLE; usually held in May but we visit Myrtle Beach, SC every 3-4 years in June)
- Regional Luncheon and CLE held in September
- Women's Forum
- Deposition Boot Camp
- Trial Academy
- Expert Witness Seminar
- Substantive Committee CLE (one held for each group annually)
- Young Lawyer Committee CLE (one held annually)
Substantive Law Committees
Membership in DTCWV allows involvement and sharing of information from the various Substantive Committees. These Committees are:
- Business/Commercial Law Committee
- Construction Law Committee
- Energy Law Committee
- Employment Law
- Insurance Law
- Product Liability Committee
- Safety & Health Law Committee
- Workers' Compensation Committee
- Other Benefits or Activities
Committee contacts and email addresses can be found on our website's Substantive Law Committee page.
Other Benefits or Activities
- A common voice for the civil defense litigation profession
- Email distribution of federal and state rulings/verdicts
- Board member who serves as a Legislative Liaison
- Drafted Insurance Billing Guidelines for review by Disciplinary Counsel
- Member serving on the Judicial Selection Committee
- A very active Amicus Committee
- The Young Lawyers Committee is very active thourgh Socials for networking, hosting the Deposition Camp, Trial Academy, writing for the Annual Meeting Notebook of Articles, Newsletter articles and opportunities for other involvement in DTCWV
The Defense Research Institute (DRI) membership is available through membership in DTCWV. First year membership in DRI is free if you are a DTCWV member and a first-time member of DRI. We encourage our membership to become members of DRI. Visit their website for more information.
Join Us Today!